Monday 10 December 2018

EOTD: the Jaclyn Hill palette, by Morphe...

When I watched the Jaclyn Hill palette reveal video that she made for this palette last year, she mentioned that she'd made one of the shades [Diva] as a perfect Christmas shadow, which is something which has stuck with me.

I was ill between last september and this January [including a week in the ICU], so never got to go anywhere or experiment with makeup for months, and so didn't get around to trying the 'perfect Christmas shade' during the festive lead-up last year.

But one year later,  I've remembered that I wanted to make a point of finally trying it out over the festive period...



I first wanted a quick and easy two-shadow-look with the green shades, but Enchanted is dry and a bit hard to blend on it's own (common with dark green shades), but when I tried again over Silk Creme, it worked fine. 

I thought that Diva would catch the light more and seem like a lighter shade once applied, so I was generous with bringing up the inner lid shade Obsessed and blending it into Diva to lighten my look up a bit - Diva is a pretty shade and the formula is great, it was just a bit darker than I expected based on the pan shade, so I felt that it was a bit too strong for a daytime look on it's own...



My swatches and review for the Jaclyn Hill palette are here.




I now have a name card (my sister had ordered a palette when it was first released in America & got a card with her order, which she recently gave to me), so I can now name the shades 🙋

No comments:

Post a Comment