Thursday 26 July 2018

A closer look at... The Amber Passion eyeshadow palette [P.S... Beauty at Primark].


I went to Primark for trainer socks... so naturally poked around in the beauty section. I rolled my eyes at the TooFaced-inspired chocolate-scented eyeshadows and the KKW-style contour sticks with sex-toy shaped applicator, but then came across the Amber Passion eyeshadow palette; it looks like the Huda Beauty Obsession palettes are going to be the new trend.

At only £3, I couldn't resist picking it up and since the beauty section at Primark changes a few times per month, I didn't want to waste time putting the word out on a bargain, showing swatches and sharing my first impressions...


Sunrise [mango matte], Burn [amber matte], Champagne [silvery taupe shimmer]

Solar [rose gold shimmer], Aura [antique gold shimmer], Glory [medium brown shimmer]

Radiate [medium tan matte], Illusion [bark matte-with-microglitter], Edge [sunset orange matte]

The shadows in Amber Passion do their job well enough, but they are on the thinner and powdery side, so have quite a bit of kick-up. They  still apply very decently, blend without trouble, and wear pretty well. As you can see below, they will crease at around 8 hours of wear, but  (A) I have heavily hooded eyes, (B) I usually don't wear primer, and (C) it is very hot here. I was going to redo and test the look again over a primer, but I just haven't been bothering to wear makeup much for the past few weeks, and since the beauty section in Primark changes very quickly I wanted to get my swatches up right away for people who might be considering buying this palette to see whilst this palette is still available.

FYI: if you do pick this up, don't forget a primer like I did! 
I've found that laying down a base shadow/face powder over concealer on the eye before applying these shadows helps a lot with thinner shadows too. 
Freshly applied

After around eight hours of wear



The look of Huda Beauty's Obsessions is there, but the quality is off. However considering the low price of £3 (33p per each 1g shade) I can't really fault the overall quality of these shadows too much, and I highly recommend this palette for people to try - especially for younger people, people who want to start dipping their toes into the toes into colours or those who are new to wearing eyeshadow and want to experiment without spending too much money. 
The Amber Passion eyeshadow palette is £3 and is exclusive to Primark stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment