Friday 20 October 2017

Stocking stuffer: Glow on with the highlighter palette in Solstice, by Sleek..

The Solstice highlighter palette; I wasn't going going to bother reviewing this since so many reviews are already in existence out there, and this product is practically a cult classic already.
However the Boots store in the Trafford Centre have just had one of their £10-of-points-for-every-£50-you-spend days, so I went shopping for family gifts and whilst there I noticed that Boots have not one, not two, but three different Sleek gift sets in their 3-for-2 Christmas gift shop this year. So I thought that a quick review and swatches would go nicely with this 'heads up' notice...

The Solstice highlighter palette contains four different highlighters; a champagne cream [Ecliptic], a yellow-toned shimmer powder [Subsolar], and two baked powders; a lilac one [Hemisphere], and a soft-bronze one [Equinox].



I think that Hemisphere looks a bit 'off' as a cheekbone highlight on my fair-but-warm undertone skintone, though I do wear it this way regardless, as the glow is awesome. You could always wear Hemisphere in the inner corners of the eyes, or use it for layering it over a blush, to get use out of it if you are uncomfortable with it as a highlighter. The other baked powder (Equinox) is by far my favourite pan in the palette, as the colour is extremely flattering, and let me repeat myself - the light-reflecting glow of the two baked powders is just 'wow'. 



Subsolar - the shimmer powder that looks very yellow in the pan - was the highlighter I was least keen on trying as the glitz looked too overpowering, but the shade actually applies as a champagne on my skintone -  plus there has been zero fallout. The soft-bronze cream highlighter [Ecliptic] surprised me with it's fantastic formula; it is very shiny and long-lasting, but again looks champagne on my fair skin like Subsolar - much more glow to it compared to the shimmer powder though.




The overall quality of the palette is very good, and all of the highlighters last all day on me, so I'll very happily keep on using it. I much prefer the Solstice palette over their more-wearable colour combinations of highlight palettes (e.g. their Cleopatra's Kiss palette) as the shades are more unique, don't contain chunky shimmer, and have much more glow to them. I enjoy and use this enough to say that I'd replace my Solstice palette if I lost it [it'll take forever to use up, as it's so pigmented you only need to apply a teensy bit at a time]. 

The Solstice highlighting costs £9.99, and can be bought in Boots and Superdrug.

The Boots 3-for-2 Christmas sets which feature the palette are;
Pout 4 Perfection - Solstice and Matte Me Metallic Lip Cream in Roman Copper. £12.50.
Bring On The Night - Solstice, I-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Vintage Romance and Blush By 3 Palette Lace. £30.
Ready To Party - Solstice, Dip It liquid eyeliner in black, Glitter liquid eyeliner in gold, Eau La La pencil eye liner in Noir, Full Fat Lash mascara, exclusive I-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Gleaming in Gold, Matte Me lip creams in Roman Copper & Vino Tinto and Lip VIP lipstick in Walk Of Fame. £50.

No comments:

Post a Comment