Sunday 3 May 2015

NOTD: Cuccio Illumination over Miss Cop Electrique...

I bought Illumination as Cuccio themselves describe it as being holographic - it is pretty & has a prismatic base, but it IS NOT a holographic polish.

As the base for Illumination is on the sheer side I decided to layer it over another recent(ish) purchase, a Miss Cop polish.

So I'm already prepared for failure with this as Cuccio deceived me with their polish description. Did the combo manage to win me over in the end?

Electrique is a smooth, streak-free two coater, and the coats dry quickly. The polish is right on the edge between needing one or two coats, so if you use thick coats when applying nail polish you might get away with using one coat.

When worn alone this polish wears just as well as brands like Sally Hansen and China Glaze do on me, when you layer with it the topper affects the wear greatly.


Illumination is a prismatic base that it full of blue hexes & tiny bar glitter, plus it has a slight iridescent pink shimmer that is only visible in certain lighting.


As you can tell by the chips in the photos, Illumination isn't hard wearing (I'd been wearing it for one day when I took the photos). I still really like it and recommend it anyway as it so pretty & unique, but it's best to wear it on nights etc when you want a extra special look, rather then using it as a mani look 'just because', like I did here, because it doesn't hold up for long.

.



❤️❤️❤️

You can buy Electrique from Amazon UK here for £2.32.

You can buy Illumination on Amazon too (£6.95), but it is only £3.95 on Nail Polish Direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment