Friday 23 January 2015

NOTD: Shim-Merry Chic by OPI...


Today I'm keeping the Christmas spirit going a bit longer, by sharing a polish from OPI's 2009 Holiday Wishes collection. I've seen loads of photos and reviews for 2009's Christmas collection and really want all of the shades from it, but so far Shim-Merry Chic is the only one I've found for a reasonable price.

So for better pictures of this lovely shade on the nail, keep on reading...

Shim-Merry Chic has a bronzey brown colored base, filled with gold flake glitter [sorry; they don't photograph well], and green & gold micro-glitter. It's one of OPI's most unique polishes, and I consider it a must-own shade. The formula is a bit streaky with the first coat but usually evens out with two coats, although it sometimes takes three coats [I've used 2 coats for the photos].

The polish dries quickly and, using my usual base and top coat, this polish will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall. 



The best part about this NOTD post is that Amazon UK still stocks Shim-Merry Chic for £9.49. They've used the wrong photo on the product page but I bought my bottle from there, so what you see here is what you get.

[The Amazon review is mine, in case you wondered why the wording is similar]


No comments:

Post a Comment