Monday 3 June 2013

L'Oreal Excellence Crème in Natural Dark Blonde [7]...

Hi guys. 

Welcome to the latest installment into my adventures in visiting the hair dye section in Boots. This time I fancy turning my next-quite-blonde-but-not-quite-brown hair over to the fully blonde side of life, so lets jump straight into the results...



First of all I must congratulate L'Oreal - out of the half dozen or so of their hair dyes I've used, this has been the one that matched the colour of the model on the box the most...

... at first, anyway. Sigh. This shade has also stood out for me, as it has been the quickest one to fade. Within three weeks of using this product my hair colour faded to a lighter blonde.  Some people may love this effect, but lighter shades of blonde look awful against my skintone - people have asked me if I'm ill, as it really washes me out. On the plus side, I do like how well this shade blends away my grey streaks.

But time for the biggest drawback for me; this particular shade of Excellence Creme does not colour my roots well, even though the colour swatches on the back of the box assures me that it will colour everything the same shade - and it's not like my hair is very dark in it's natural state. In fact it makes my roots look darker then they really are, which is a first for me.


For now I'm going to stick with this shade and hope that product build-up helps with the fading & root miss-match issues, since I spent all that time and money removing the cuticle staining from my hair before applying this shade ofcolourant.

Wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. What was your hair colour originally? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      My hair is a greying ash - somewhere between very between very dark blonde and light brown. It looks like I somehow managed to lose the top part of my review where I described my natural hair - I'll quickly amend it :)

      Delete