Friday 31 March 2023

Bubble blooms? [reviewing Tease Sugar Fleur edp, by Victoria's Secret]

Get swept away in a floral candy dream


I'm not a huge follower of the Victoria's Secret Tease fragrance line - I had the original Tease years ago and used my entire bottle happily enough, but never replaced it as it is nothing wildly unique. I have liked a few of the Tease flankers more than the original, whenever I've happened to come across them over the years.

I'd actually gone to the store to retest Crème Cloud, which is a flanker that I really enjoyed the couple of times that I 'd tried it, and was probably going to buy. However I stumbled across this new springtime flanker and had to give it a try....

Did this tempt me more, or did I stick to my original mission of obtaining Creme Cloud?


Apple and bubblegum. Sugar Fleur is very upfront about the stars of the fragrance, as the main players develop immediately and last throughout the wear-time - a realistic apple, a gentle bubblegum, and a soft drop of caramel in the background. I must say that the apple is more fresh & tart on me, like a green granny Smith apple, rather than a sweet pink lady apple - I really like it, but I want you to know that it's not quite as advertised. 

I'm not sure what florals are alongside the jasmine in Sugar Fleur, as the fragrance is all about the edible scent notes; I'm getting a parmaviolet candy vibe, so yeah, violet? I'm also getting a slight honey & strawberry-like breeze, so maybe some combination like freesia & sweet pea is also present, to boost the gourmand scent notes? The caramel accord seems to become a bit stronger, so I'm thinking that my sweet pea guess is right.

I'm thinking that 'crystal amber' here is a fancier way of saying marshmallow, because that is what I'm getting as the fragrance begins to dry down. There's also something here that reminds me of those fireball bubblegum balls - maybe a pinch of anise or cinnamon mixing with the existing bubblegum accord, as Sugar Fleur reaches the final stretch? A classic blend of musk & sandalwood ties the marshmallow & spiced bubblegum together, in a lovely finish. 

Official key scent notes; Pink Lady apple, bubble gum, caramel, jasmine, crystal amber and sandalwood.


The longevity & sillage is good for a lighter fragrance from Victoria's Secret; Around 6/7 hours on skin, and the fragrance carries for around a foot. Impressive in comparison to other brands? No, but for Victoria's usual spring/summer limited editions I'm pleasantly surprised.

Sugar Fleur is what I wanted Moschino's Toy 2: Bubble Gum to be; a fun and flirty mix of fruits & florals, with a mild sugared bubblegum in the background, and a undertone of sweet spice. A Bonus is the freshly sweet splash of apple - a heavy hint of Kayali Eden mixed into here. This has the fun & sweetness of Toy 2: Bubble Gum, but is less overwhelming with the sugary notes and let's some needed freshness come through. 

None of the other editions in the Tease fragrance line I've tried have had that "buy me without retesting me" appeal, but Sugar Fleur had me parting with my money a couple of hours after testing it for the first time. This is something 'fun' that I recommend for the fresh new  spring season 👌 



In stores I'd have sworn that a 50ml bottle had been available for around £50, but I couldn't find it again and after looking online, I only see a 100ml bottle for £69 and a perfume pen for £15. Maybe the 50ml editions were more limited? Body mist, body butter, and body lotion are also available for £22 each.

The 100ml bottle and the 10ml perfume pen are both available at Victoria's Secret UK online.

No comments:

Post a Comment