Wednesday 1 June 2022

Speedy review; RiRi edp, by Rihanna..


 Rihanna launched her feminine fra
grance RiRi back in the late summer of 2015...

I bought my bottle of RiRi a while ago and sort of forgot about it, but then a few weeks ago I noticed that the pink juice had faded, so have been wearing it again to see if the scent had changed too (it hasn't 😊).

As RiRi is still easy for people to find online today, I thought I'd share a few of my thoughts about it, so people who are looking for a affordable fragrance can decide if it sounds like something that they'd enjoy...

RiRi seems to smell a bit different every time I wear it, but I'd say that the general picture that it paints is of a tall glass of a creamy passion fruit & rum cocktail, with a vase of white florals and a patchouli cone in a incense holder flanking it, all set on a pricey wood table. RiRi is very similar scent-wise to Incredible Things by Taylor Swift - a fragrance that I really enjoyed, but is now almost impossible to find outside of inflated prices on eBay.

The longevity is pretty good for the lower price-point price that you can currently find RiRi at [5\6 hours] - nothing amazing, but not bad either. The aura is something that has impressed me - people stood about a foot away from me have complimented me when I've worn RiRi.


Official key scent notes: 
Passionfruit, rum, mandarin, cassis, honeysuckle, freesia, jasmine, orange blossom, vanilla, musk, benzoin and sandalwood.

This is a great "all occasions" mix of light & dark, and girlie & flirty versus adult confidence. It suits all seasons; coming of as happy & fun in warmer months as the mandarin and some coconut are more noticeable to me, and the blend seems comforting & warm over the colder months as the rum becomes creamier and I pick up on the vanilla & patchouli more.

As mentioned above; RiRi isn't sold in retail stores anymore, but it is easy to find online for low prices [the larger 100ml are usually sold around the £20 mark]. I've also seen it pop up in discount stores a few times. My 100ml bottle cost around £16.




No comments:

Post a Comment