Friday 3 June 2022

Speedy Review: Fleur Fatale edp, by Kim Kardashian...

 Fleur Fatale edp by Kim Kardashian, was released in September 2014 [her original line of fragrances has nothing to do with her KKW fragrance company]. Fleur Fatale was announced as being a "captivating, feminine and sensual composition of floral, woody and musk notes."


I've always been aware of Fleur Fatele and the notes sounded really agreeable to me, however none of her earlier perfumes rocked my boat so I wasn't in a rush to try it & then this perfume didn't sick around long in stores, so I took it as a sign and didn't bother tracking it down.

However I recently saw a eBay auction for a 30ml bottle & fragranced body lotion combo that had nearly ended, so I decided to try my luck as it was only a few pounds - if I enjoy it I can then pick up a 100ml bottle for under £20. As you can easily find Fleur Fatale on eBay stores, Amazon and perfume outlet sites, I wanted to share my thoughts on here...



Scent-wise Fleur Fatale is a fragrance that I really like; the hint of juicy blackcurrant in the opening is a lovely sweet/fresh jolt, whilst the main body of fresh rose & violet [two of my favourite floral notes] is moreish and very easy to wear. The creamy sweetened sandalwood base is always welcome as it compliments almost anything, and adds a classic & soft feel to the fragrance. Fleur Fatale is not a complex blend, but it is an all seasons & all occasions crowd pleaser.

Official scent notes: Bergamot, black currant, violet, tea rose, peony, iris, white musk, sandalwood and amber.


Sadly, Fleur Fatale has the weakest longevity & aura out of the original KK line; I only get around 2/3 hours max for longevity and it goes close to the skin almost immediately, so I don't feel a 'need' to replace my bottle once it's empty. Spraying it directly onto items of clothing doesn't improve the longevity, nor does layering it with the fragranced body lotion. 

A shame that it vanishes so quickly, as it is a lovely all-rounder; as it is, Fleur Fatale is a fragrance to layer with a stronger perfume, not one I'd recommend wearing alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment