Thursday 17 March 2022

Does it shine like a diamond? [reviewing Sweet Diamond Pink Pepper | 25 edp, by Kayali]

"This scent is perfect for those who expect a little more from the unexpected"


I've honestly liked every Kayali fragrance so far, so this is an obvious brand for me to follow. Sweet Diamond uses rose, magnolia,  sandalwood, and vanilla, so I went in to this one with high expectations...



If you are a fan of lily notes in fragrances, then you are going to really enjoy the note in Sweet Diamond - I've never experienced another fragrance which contains such a clean & authentic lily note before.   Lily is a note that can turn too cold on me (especially with the undertone of bergamot), but the pink pepper & Saffron add a touch of spice & a slight heat, preventing the blend from becoming too chilly.

I'm a huge fan of all rose accords and Sweet Diamond has a heart that is very similar to
Elixir - so if you don't like rose, then you probably won't enjoy this fragrance, as the rose accords are the strongest and longest scent notes for me. The  roses here are very intense and pure - not powdery in the least. Amazingly beautiful.   Magnolia is another favourite floral note of mine and the Magnolia here is as pure as the lily & roses and adds a delicate creaminess to the floral blend.   I do pick up on the promised orchid too, but it takes a backseat to the other floral notes and is very subtle.

There is some more depth in the base, thanks to a touch of dark & earthy patchouli. The airy musk and more creamy sandalwood keep the bitterness quiet, but it's definitely there underneath the sandalwood.   The sweetness of the amber and vanilla are both distinguishable too, although these notes are fairly subtle compared to other fragrances in the Kayali range, thus allowing the rose and magnolia to remain the stars of the show.


Official scent notes: Pink pepper, bergamot, royal lily, saffron, Bulgarian rose, rose centifolia, magnolia, vanilla orchid, sandalwood, patchouli, sensual musk, and golden amber.


I thought that Kayali wouldn't be able to top Déjà vu In terms of how much I enjoy a fragrance from this brand, but Sweet Diamond has now just edged ahead. It's actually toe to toe with my favourite fragrance ever [Ghost's Ghost]. I've only had my bottle for several months and it is already almost half empty,  as I've been reaching for it so often.

If you enjoy Elixir then I'm sure that you will really appreciate the rose blend and pinch of spice & patchouli in Sweet Diamond - I'm now suspecting that the brand is going to discontinue Elixir and that Sweet Diamond is the improved replacement for it.


In the UK you can buy Sweet Diamond in Selfridges, from Boots (online only), Cult Beauty, and on Feel Unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment