Saturday 5 February 2022

From Beyond to Infinity?! [reviewing Far Away Infinity edp, by Avon]...

Discover a cocktail of scents from across the world...



As we wait for the next new release in the Far Away line, let's go back in time and take a release from 5 years ago. Far Away Infinity debuted in 2016 and is still sold today, so it must be hitting the right spot with loads of people.

So let's jump straight in and see where this lands on my enjoyment scale...



As I've mentioned in previous perfume reviews, I'm not usually a fan of gardenia, but in Far Away Infinity it is beautifully balanced with the marigold and bergamot - lighter & fresher compared to how it usually reacts with my body chemistry.   There does also seem to be a bit of lemon in the background; yes bergamot is citrusy, but the lemon here is pure and distinct to my nose.

The biggest difference between Infinity and the other Far Away flankers is in how fresh & airy the orange blossom and jasmine are; the lemon and floral blend from earlier linger and meld through the heart & base, keeping everything more freshly sweet, rather than heady & powdered.


The base is like a vanilla spongecake, that is decorated with edible flowers; the vanilla stats developing early, but gradually warms up and becomes creamier as the sandalwood deepens. Most days I've worn Infinity I haven't even detected a hint of the patchouli, because there is such a teensy amount in here - so if you aren't keen on patchouli in fragrances, don't let that put you off trying it.

Official scent notes: Gardenia, bergamot, marigold, jasmine sambac, orange blossom, vanilla, sandalwood, and patchouli.


I enjoy Far Away Infinity way more then I expected to enjoy a gardenia-lead strongly floral perfume. I was expecting it to be 'nice' enough but nothing special, however I'm now strongly considering buying a backup... Infinity smells 'lighter' than the other Far Away editions I have experience with, yet still has the longevity and aura I've come to think of as standard for the line [the usual 8/9 hours & moderate aura]. It kind of has the same sweet & fresh floral feel as Marc Jacob Daisy, but has much better longevity - the actual fragrances aren't very similar to me, just the overall vibe is reminiscent. I do recommend getting this for everyday wear during the upcoming spring & summer months .

For me Infinity definitely goes above Far Away, Far Away Gold, Glamour, and Rebel & Diva. I still prefer Rebel and Royale a tiny bit more, and Beyond is still my top recommendation above everything else. I'm really looking forward to trying out the upcoming Far Away offering [Far Away Aura], as so far there have been no real misses in this line of flankers.


There are online whisperings that Far Away Infinity is soon going to be discontinued. I don't know how reliable the rumours are, but if Infinity sounds like something you'd enjoy, you should grab it now, just in case. I think that I'll probably be doing just that, the next time I see my local Avon seller....


If you don't know any Avon sellers in real-life or through social media, you can buy Far Away Infinity on the Avon UK site. Amazon and eBay also stocks it on & off.

50ml edp bottle  £11
150ml Fragranced body lotion - £4


No comments:

Post a Comment