Tuesday 7 April 2020

... Everything I see is you... [reviewing Déjà vu White Flower | 57, by Kayali [Huda Beauty]]

Déjà vu White Flower | 57 is a seductive, yet warm and comforting scent that is steeped in nostalgia and reminiscent of that memory of falling in love yet also laying the foundations for new exciting memories to come; memories that you can revisit with every spritz.
Evoking the dreamy spirit of nostalgia, the warm and sultry scent is a fresh, bouquet of white florals. Déjà vu White Flower | 57 combines aromatic sandalwood and fruity notes of white nectarine and orange flower, creating a sensual scent that truly seduces the senses. The notes of jasmine, tuberose, patchouli and gardenia come together in a seductive and unique blend.
The number 57 indicates the 57 rounds of formulations it took to achieve the perfect balance of Seductive and Warm - Huda's blog


I don't usually like fragrances with gardenia in them, as gardenia turns sour on me more often than not, but Huda has been knocking (almost) everything I've tried from her brand out of the park, so I was looking forward to testing Kayali's latest perfume - the first one not envisioned as a layering fragrance - as soon as.it became available in the UK.


So after a month's worth of wear-testing, have we got another winner, or has the mega-brand had a rare miss-step?



As I said at the start, I don't usually like fragrances with gardenia in them, as gardenia turns sour on me more often than not. However this is a beautiful balance; the floral notes are blended excellently with the soft fruit notes & hint of vanilla, so that no scent family stands out more strongly than the others.

This is my kind of floral, with a bit of everything I enjoy; the blend is soft and clean, but also creamy, plus with a slight hint of powderiness. That probably makes no real sense, sorry, I just can't put the perfect meld of notes into words. Every key scent note is identifiable and like I said above, the balance is perfect for my tastes - the fruit, florals, sweetness and woods are all present, but nothing outshines anything else. 

Official scent notes: pear, nectarine, gardenia, Indian jasmine, orange blossom, tuberose, patchouli, sandalwood, cashmere wood and Tahitian vanilla.

I found Deja Vu in Selfridges before it was launched online anywhere and the tester was empty. It took ages (a dramatic way of saying just over 5 minutes) for the mua to find the second tester - and that tester only had a few drops left. She then warned me that the perfume was proving to be very popular and that they only had one bottle left in stock, and then whilst I ummed and ahhed over buying it, that bottle sold as well. That tells you that this fragrance is a crowd pleaser...
Like with the other Kayali perfume I reviewed, the number one thing that stands out is the purity of the scent notes - I can't detect any alcohol or plasticy notes, so it's like I've applied fragrance oils to my my skin. The fragrance lasts very well  for something that isn't very harsh - at least nine hours.
I only buy 100ml bottles if I find a low-price offer that works out cheaper than a smaller sized one would regularly cost, but if Kayali ever releases a 100ml bottle for Deja Vu I'll be picking it up - I've had to force myself from wearing it every day, as my bottle wouldn't last very long otherwise. 
Deja Vu is available in 50ml bottles for £67.

No comments:

Post a Comment