Monday 7 January 2019

First impressions: Heat Seduction edp, by Beyonce...

I'd become bored with the Beyonce/Coty Heat line of fragrances because they quickly began verging on the "meh" mass-production-at-low-cost generic side, but Heat Seduction has become something of a regular fixture in discount stores in my area [Home & Bargain, B&M and Wilko - about £12 to £16 for a 100ml bottle], so I've tested it around half a dozen times now.

Has my testing & the low prices been enough to rekindle my interest in the line?


Heat Seduction reminds me of Love Heart sweets; not because it smells just like the candies exactly, but because of the way that the ginger flower gives the sweet and fruity foreground of the fragrance a fizzy rush of energy. The mixed berries, mandarin, and what could be mango and/or peach are given a added zing thanks to some mild mix of spices and sugar water. I recall that this fragrance was first launched in major retailers during the autumn/winter months, but I find the strong fruit and 'fizz' to be much more suited for spring/summer, so if you tried it then and didn't like it, I think it's worth giving another go - I think that the timing of the launch is why that this hasn't been as popular for the brand.

On the downside; aside from the 'ginger orchid' [basically more ginger, mixed with baby powder], the other floral notes are hidden behind the energetic pop that hits me in the face upon application, so Heat Seduction seems quite linear to me as the ginger and fruit punch scent notes linger throughout Heat Seduction's wear. The longevity is so-so for a cheaper, mass-produced fragrance - averaging around the 5/6 hour mark, which is Coty's standard. The sillage is decent though, at around a foot.

Official scent notes: dewberry, exotic island spice cocktail, mandarin, ginger orchid, African jungle orchid, freesia, warm golden amber, musk and natural labdanum.


Heat Seduction certainly isn't anything I think of as being 'bad' - actually it is pleasant and is hard to find disagreeable, but [like many of the fragrances in the Heat line] I just don't think it's anything to get excited over as the scent notes used in it are all very popular, and most people will already own similar fragrances. Coty really need to stop playing it so safe with the Beyonce range, or else it will die out soon. 
If you're looking for a cheaper 'everyday' version of Moschino Pink Bouquet, or a gift for a Beyonce fan, then this is a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment