Monday 6 August 2018

Getting lippy: Candy Man by L'Oreal...

A nice go-with-anything nude lip shade AND a cocoa fragrance?! Do I really need to say any more to explain why I was excited about getting my hands on this?

Thought not - now let's see if the quality lives up to my excitement when it got it's UK release...


On my swatch I couldn't decide if Candy Man was a pink nude or a mauvy nude, but once applied to my lips the shade is clearly a light pink-based nude tone, that looks good all year round [at least I think it does]. The shade seems to adapt to different skintones [going of blogs and vlogs] due to the mixed base, so I'm thinking that anyone can wear it.

The formula is the perfect balance between being not-too-wet and not-too-dry, so it applies easily for a liquid lipstick and dries very quickly. It's the best of both worlds when it comes to lip colour: you are getting the easy application, strong colour and good staying power of a traditional bullet lipstick [around 7 hours, depending on food and if you drink with a straw or not], minus the drag and heavy & drying feeling you can get from a bullet lipstick. As a liquid you get a soft & moisturized feeling and pleasant scent/taste of a gloss, minus the sticky and slippy feeling you get from a glossy formula.



I also want to give a shout-out to the product applicator on the wand; it's a hollow heart shape, so it has a hole in the center which makes it next-to-impossible for formula to gunk up and overload the applicator.



I highly recommend picking up at least one shade from the 12-piece Les Chocolats matte liquid lipstick line to everyone. I don't really need more lipstick as nude shades have been my thing for a while now, except for a touch of KvD Santa Sangre when I'm feeling unusually daring [I hate my lips & don't often draw attention to them with colour] and I already own too  much for one person to go through, but I'm extremely tempted to take advantage of the 3-for-2 offers both Boots and Superdrug are currently offering on L'Oreal cosmetics to pick up more shades from this line.

The Les Chocolats line of liquid lipsticks are £8.99 each and can be found at; 

AmazonSuperdrug and Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment