Monday 4 December 2017

NOTD: Belle of the Ball, by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure...



Today we'll be looking at something from Sally Hansen; my favourite pharmacy [drugstore] level price-point polish brand. I try to keep my NOTD posts focused on polishes that are easier to find, so I picked the shade Belle of the Ball for today, as it's easy to get AND is fitting for the festive season - a lovely option for a stocking stuffer...

Belle of the Ball is from the 2013 autumn/winter Go Baroque collection, and I think it might have been core at some point as it is still very easy to find this shade on many retail sites [eg Amazon, eBayNail Polish DirectFragrance Direct] and in some physical discount stores too [eg Wilko, some branches of PoundWorld, some independent chemists]. It has a blue-tinged purple base, that is filled with bordeaux shimmer (in the bottle I see a fair amount of gold too, but on the nail I only see a few flecks of gold - it's mostly bordeaux).

Sally Hansen is my favourite drugstore brand, and this is another polish with a fantastic formula from them; it is a flawless one coater (though I do recommend two coats for a better wear time). The formula is neither too thick or too thin, has great pigmentation, it is smooth, even and non-streaky to apply, it dries quickly, I've not experienced any shrinkage or staining [I always wear a basecoat], and I adore the paddle brushes their polishes have - one or two strokes per nail, and the shape is perfect for avoiding the cuticles and nail edges. In general nail polishes will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall.




No comments:

Post a Comment