Saturday 9 February 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Cherries in the Snow


As I've mentioned before I've never really been into strong lip colours in the past - the shape of my lips is small, and my top lip is practically invisible - but after spending most of my makeup wearing years focusing on my eyes, I became bored with my routine. I've been looking at brighter lip colours to shake up my look for the past year, and this is one of my first success stories...



Revlon's classic shade Cherries In The Snow seems to be pure red at first glance, but a closer look reveals that the shade has a strong pink undertone to it. I love the result; I don't feel very comfortable in red lipstick, but the strong dash of pink in this shade tones down the red, so the result feels less harsh. I do feel comfortable wearing this shade in public.

The finish to the lipstick is creamy and easy to distribute evenly - I find it similar to MAC Amplified finishes. The formula hasn't had a drying effect on my lips. The lasting power is pretty good; four to five hours, depending on food or drink, and the colour does fade evenly.





£7.99
Boots and Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment