Friday 3 May 2024

Mine is still MIA: [reviewing Bombshell edp, by Victoria's Secret]...

There’s a Bombshell in everyone

Confident and bold, America’s No.1 Fragrance opens with the bright sparkle of Brazilian purple passion fruit.

The heart of the fragrance blooms with Bombshell’s signature floral, the peony. Here, the varietal is clean, petally Shangri-la peony from Tibet. Madagascan vanilla orchid adds a creamy sweetness. But it’s Italian sunstruck pine that gives Bombshell its inimitable aromatic twist.

After my Speedy Review post for Bombshell Intense I took a step back and realised that despite having reviewed multiple Bombshell flankers now, I'd never gotten around to reviewing the best-selling original Bombshell. Actually I'd forgotten that I own Bombshell and hadn't worn it for a long while, because my bottle of the original had become lost behind all of the bottles of the Bombshell flankers and the fragrances that I reach for on a more regular basis.

To be fair; I remembered that there's absolutely nothing that I dislike about Bombshell, so I moved my bottle to my dresser and have been rediscovering it...


When I reviewed Cloud Pink I said that I currently didn't own any other perfumes with pineapple in, which isn't correct because I'd forgotten about Bombshell; the tangy fresh/sweet blend of the grapefruit and pineapple stands out more than the passionfruit for me. That's not to say that the passionfruit isn't noticeable on me, just that it is not as loud as the other fruits for me, so I don't get why it is singled out as being a key note - even the soft tangerine is clearer on me.
 
The floral heart is focused around the Bombshell-collection-tradition duo of peony & jasmine - the lily is quiet and clear in the background too. As the longwearing tangy fruit blend fades, Bombshell transforms into a sweet & creamy white floral and clean wood medley, with orange blossom, rose, pine & musk developing. I get the occasional whisper of strawberry & raspberry amongst the gentle floral heart and the woody base too.

Officially listed scent notes: Passionfruit, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Tangerine, Strawberry, Peony, Vanilla Orchid, Red Berries, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, Musk, Pine and Oakmoss.

Bombshell has decent longevity and good projection for the mid-price range; it is in the seven-eight hour range, and it doesn't go close to the skin for most of that time.

I enjoy Bombshell much more than I used to and I actually did buy a backup for my well-used bottle when I found a great deal on eBay. It's the way that Bombshell transforms from one kind of fragrance to another so dramatically that makes this such an interesting fragrance - I applied a juicy fresh & sweet fragrance in the morning, and in the afternoon I was wondering who was wearing the lovely floral fragrance, ɓefore realising that it was me...

I've recently found that the similar florals in Cosmic elevate the ones in Bombshell & the base for it warms this up nicely in colder weather.

*My current bottle is a 2017 LE version from when Victoria's Secret held a runway show in Shanghai, but it is the regular Bombshell fragrance inside 


You can buy Bombshell in-store and on the Victoria's Secret and Next website

7.5 perfume pen - £15
50ml - £45
100ml - £59
[250ml fragrance mist & body lotion are also available for £22 each]

No comments:

Post a Comment