Wednesday 31 August 2022

Double bubble trouble... [reviewing Toy 2 Bubble Gum edt, by Moschino]

 Fun, outgoing and playful notes explore the nuances of her majesty the rose, creating a delicate scent of bubble gum, from which the fragrance takes its name, and relieves the spirit of negative thoughts whilst enveloping the body and stimulating the mind...


I received my bottle of Toy 2 Bubble Gum for Christmas last year, so I've gotten plenty of wear-time in different weather conditions and seasons.

I adore both Toy & Toy 2, so I'd been looking forward to getting to try this edition. Was the wait worth it?

It is immediately obvious why this edition of Toy 2 is named bubblegum; the fragrance opens with a long-wearing sugary bubblegum accord. I don't know what any additional 'candied fruits' are here, as the listed lemon, orange, peach and blueberry are all I can separate - maybe some other kind of berry?

I'm sure that there is violet, jasmine, and magnolia, behind the starring rose note, possibly lily too. The bubblegum, peach & blueberry notes are still going strong, so the floral blend is shoved into the background.

The development of the ginger & cinnamon notes is my favourite phase of this edition of Toy 2, as they give the fragrance heat as the bubblegum finally begins to fade. The sweet spice and musky cedar is amplified by the ambroxan and a touch of vanilla & sandalwood.

Official key scent notes: candied fruits, lemon, bitter orange, bubblegum, Bulgarian rose, peach, blueberry, cinnamon, peach blossom, ginger, musks, ambroxan and cedar.


The longevity and aura for Toy 2: Bubblegum are very impressive for an edt formulation. The fragrance wears almost as long as a mid-price edp does; about eight to nine hours, and carries about a foot around me.

I have been enjoying this, but my favourite out of the line [between this, Toy 2, & Toy] is Toy 2; I've actually finished my bottle of Toy 2 and hope to get another bottle soon, whilst I don't have the urge to want to replace this edition. I think that If the bubblegum accord hadn't been quite so loud, I would have enjoyed this much more, as the individual fruit, floral, and spice notes would all have had more space to develop more fully.



No comments:

Post a Comment