Monday 18 April 2022

A new aura with Aurora? [reviewing Far Away Aurora edp, by Avon]

Discover a land that’s undeniably beautiful by spritzing the oriental and gourmand perfume onto your pulse points.

Escape to somewhere awe-inspiring with the beauty of the oriental and gourmand fragrance of Far Away Aurora Eau de Parfum, from your No.1 fragrace brand. A stunning beauty inspired by the natural wonder of the Northern Lights with radiant pink peppercorn, breathtaking water lily and dreamy vanilla bourbon.

It's here!!

I've been looking forward to getting to check out the latest Far Away release ever since I heard that it was in the works (somewhere around the new year). Avon are known for cheap & cheerful fragrances, but I've come to have pretty high expectations when it comes to their Far Away line. I've taken a little while to really get to know Aurora before reviewing it, to make sure I'm giving it the same chance to shine, that the other flankers I've had.

The verdict is in...


Far Away Aurora opens with a spiced lemon, for a lovely zap of energy - tart & fresh, but also sweet & spicy. The water lily note also develops pretty quickly and also mixes well with the spicier notes.

As the opening fades fairly quickly, the remaining floral blend in the heart is pure Far Away, in my opinion; floral notes like
orange blossom, jasmine, violet, and osmanthus, aren't mentioned anywhere, but theyre here to provide that signature creamy powdered backdrop to the fragrance.  The fresh yogurt accord breaks up the powdered feel a bit, with it's gentle milky tones and it also adds more creaminess to the gentle vanilla, which develops around the same time.

There isn't that much difference between the heart as it deepens into the final stages, just some kind of skin-like musk - the powdered florals and vanilla hog the spotlight.  I do think that there is orris in the base, as the gently fading powdery floral blend seems to recharge after a while. 

The longevity and aura are what I've come to expect; amazing for the lower price-point, averaging at around 9/10 hours and radiating around a foot. Be careful not to apply too much - it's strong enough to become sickly in warmer weather.


Official key scent notes: Italian lemon, cardamom, pink pepper, yogurt, water lily, rose, bourbon vanilla, cedar and vetiver.


A little while ago I said that Far Away Glamour was the flanker that I found the most reminiscent to the original Far Away, but I take that back now - Far Away Aurora has just taken that crown. If the spiced lemon opening and/or the yogurt accord had been a bit louder, I think that I'd have enjoyed this fragrance a lot more. Don't get me wrong - I find Aurora very pleasant, I was just hoping for a bit more originality.

The powdery heart of Aurora is a bit too close to the original Far Away for me to really get excited about - I've gone through a perfume pen happily and have made a good start on my bottle, but I'm not sure if I enjoy it enough to bother replacing the bottle when it is done. I might if I see a good offer as Aurora is more wearable than the original, but I can't help being slightly underwhelmed.



If you don't know any Avon sellers yourself, you can always order a bottle of Far Away Aurora online via Avon UK;

50ml edp - £12
150ml Fragranced body lotion - £4
10ml perfume pen - £6

No comments:

Post a Comment