Saturday 8 January 2022

In a land, far away... [reviewing Far Away Glamour edp, by Avon]

 Take a walk on the glam side with a perfume to make you feel fabulous

Draw attention with every glamourous journey with a spritz of the magnetic perfume on your pulse points...

Far Away is one of those well-known fragrances that sounds great on paper,  but my body chemistry doesn't play well with. I've always wanted to like it - the mum of my childhood BBF sold Avon & gave her a bottle and I wanted to be a perfume wearing grown-up too. However it has always been too strong of a fragrance for migraine-prone me.

However I do enjoy the Far Away flankers,  and they don't seem to be migraine triggers for me. After picking up some more of the currently available flankers during some offers a little while ago, I'm ready to dive back into the magic of the Far Away line...


Far Away Glamour opens with a tiny drop of grapefruit; I wish that this note had a stronger presence, as I can't always separate it. The blackcurrant is also pretty quiet on me and quickly becomes enmeshed in the orange blossom,  which is fast to develop.

Far Away Glamour is the flanker [that I own] in the Far Away line that reminds me of the original Far Away the most, thanks to the intense note of orange blossom and jasmine, that is mixed with a soft vanilla & orris [iris root]. I also pick up on a curious 'soap' element in the background.

The sandalwood develops a nutty undertone as the floral blend softens - I'm not sure if the undertone is coconut milk, or another nut mingling with the long note of sandalwood. There is also something that seems to me the most like anise - is this the combination of orris, patchouli, black Musk and vanilla?

Official scent notes: Black Currant bud, Grapefruit, Pink Pepper, Madagascar Vanilla, Orris, Orange Blossom, Patchouli and Black Musk.


The longevity & aura for Far Away Glamour is impressive for the price [like everything else in the Far Away line that I've tried]; it wears for a complete working day (eight to nine hours) and carries about a foot for several of those hours.

I think that Far Away Glamour is ultimately nice. There's absolutely wrong with it for me and I wear it happily, however there is nothing that makes it stand out above my personal favourites in the line (Far Away Rebel & Far Away Beyond), so I don't think of it as something that you must try ASAP.  At some point in the future, if I see it on a good offer I'd consider buying it again as it is very pleasant, but admittedly I'll be more likely to rebuy one of the other flankers I mentioned (I actually will be replacing my empty bottle of Rebel soon).




If you don't know any Avon sellers in reality or through social media, you can always order a bottle of Far Away Glamour online via Avon UK;

50ml edp - £11
150ml Fragranced body lotion - £4
10ml perfume pen - £6


No comments:

Post a Comment