Wednesday 3 November 2021

Lets lace it up...[reviewing Imari Corset edt, by Avon].


 "Celebrate your tempting curves with a spirtz of a chypre, fruity and Oriental fragrance that shows off your sultry side"


I've been searching for a replacement for a discontinued Victoria's Secret perfume [Scandalous] that I used to enjoy, and Imari Corset sounds similar enough to possibly satisfy my longing, so as it's very affordable I decided to pick up a bottle and see what I think. Avon have been impressing me with their fragrances for a while, and I'm hopeful that this will be another hit. 

Have they pulled out another success story from their bag of tricks?

 

To me the strongest notes of raspberry and praline in Imari Corset are very reminiscent to chocolate covered strawberries. These long scent notes accompanied by creamy liquor [smells like Baileys to me :)] and powdered florals - I get the peony and rose, maybe magnolia? 

I don't pick up on any major changes between the heart and base of the perfume, except some musk as the fragrance begins to dry down into a creamy mix of cocoa butter & sandalwood. The nutty fruit & liquor blend is stronger in comparison to the wooody musk blend, so the fragrance seems quite linear to me.

sparkling raspberry liquor, seductive rose and tempting cocoa butter accord.


I definitely think that Imari Corset does live up to the inspiration of Scandalous [increasing pulse and heart rate as a date-night heats up]. Scandalous was one of my favourite cold-weather perfumes as its warming & cozy, and is a cuddly 'come closer' scent. Imari Corset has the same feel and is fast becoming a new favourite fragrance for me now that it's getting cooler and darker earlier. 

The only thing close to a downside for me is the longevity; it wears about 5/6 hours on me, which is average for Avon and is still fairly decent for a low-end edt, but I still found it a teensy bit disappointing after my extremely positive reactions to the Far Away flankers. It hasn't put me off recommending Imari Corset since the price is so good, but is does lessen my enjoyment of it a teensy bit.


If you don't know if any Avon reps in real life or on social media, you can order Imari Corset from the Avon site. 

It's £10 for a 50ml bottle, from Avon UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment