Friday 19 February 2021

The Prerogative line has a huge Ego... [reviewing Prerogative Ego edp, by Britney Spears]

Prerogative Ego, the new bold and tantalizing unisex fragrance. This iridescent sparkling fragrance blooms with a warm floral bouquet providing a lush, lavish texture. Sun-soaked woods and sensual ambers envelope your skin in a soft, irresistible glow. 
Play it your way and break the rules. Choose your side, then change your mind. Follow your instinct. Prerogative Ego, the fragrance with no boundaries. 
What’s your Prerogative?

I'm keeping the Britney Spears fragrance train going a bit longer, as I recently stumbled across a 2020 flanker release from the brand that I'd not heard of before; so clearly I had to buy it to see what is going on with the Prerogative line.

Today I'm looking at Prerogative Ego


Prerogative Ego opens with a delicate hint of apricot under a nutty and milky mix; I want to say coconut, but there is a little voice in my head telling me no, that the note reminds me more of almond milk in my takeout coffees. Speaking about coffee - the coffee note is very creamy and gentle - vastly different to the dominant coffee note in the original Prerogative.

I separate a sprinkling of lily spiced with pink pepper in the heart of the fragrance, with the same blend of sharp mossy florals (I can't separate them) that are in Prerogative. The heart is pretty much the exact same as it is in Prerogative - maybe a bit more creamy, as the top notes carry a long way.

The saffron, amber & sandalwood notes come through soon after the florals, and add a richer creaminess to Prerogative Ego's lingering soft fruit, nuts & milky opening blend. I find the overall theme to Prerogative Ego to be very relaxed and calming; the heart of the short-lived green & spicy vibe is much quieter then everything else going on, so it doesn't lend a big impact on me.

Official scent notes: apricot, Arum lily, amberwood, Goji berries, coffee, saffron, sandalwood and pink pepper.


The longevity is okay for a lower-end mass market edp, so I'd recommend buying this when it is on offer; I stop detecting it after six hours max, because it goes close to the skin fairly quickly.

Prerogative Ego is too gentle & calm for it's name IMO and it is the most traditionally feminine fragrance in the Prerogative line, since the sharp & spicy floral mix is so short lived on me - and I also think that there is a pretty strong familiarity between this and Private Show, because of the gentle & creamy coffee blend. So no, this is not a unique fragrance by any means and I'd hesitate to describe it as being unisex, yet I do think that it is very pleasant - especially now that we're inching towards the spring & summer seasons. I don't regret buying it and I'll use up my bottle happily, but I doubt that I'll ever get it again in the future.


 


Prerogative Ego seems to be exclusive to Superdrug, and is only available in 100ml bottles - it is usually £40, but is currently on offer for £20 [that's how I found it - I'd gone to the site to buy a new bottle of Prerogative while it's on offer, but I decided to try this instead].

No comments:

Post a Comment