Saturday 9 November 2013

Fit for a snow queen; Live Platinum edp by Jennifer Lopez...


Spoiler alert: I think that LIVE PLATINUM has the edge over the original Live fragrance, as - though it is quite similar to it - this is less harsh and is easier to wear. I still really like the spiciness of the original, but the contrasts in this wintery cool edition appeals to me more...

It's a shame this is a limited edition and didn't seem to get a regular Uk release; I wish I'd bought more bottles for backups when I saw it in the US a few years ago, as it has already become very hard to find, so I save my bottle for special occasions. I'll have to haunt Ebay for it in the not-too-distant future...




 LIVE PLATINUM is similar to the original Live at first spray, but the energetic citrus notes have been played down a bit and mixed with sweeter & darker plum notes. I love how the sweet and the sharper notes have been blended together to create a startling contrast, making sure that the fragrance doesn't learn either way too far between fresh and gourmand.

In another similarity to the original Live, LIVE PLATINUM also contains a floral heart. Some of the key scent notes are the same as those used in Glow, so there is a sharp fresh vibe in the floral notes to give the fragrance a icy jolt of energy. But this time there is also a hint of powderiness, and the marzipan also develops adding sweetness and a almond-like undertone to create a 'come closer' appeal to things. I think regular rose has been used in this perfume as Helleborus (Christmas rose) is actually from the buttercup family, whereas I can definitely smell something soft and traditionally rose-like here.

The gentle base is also almost the same as the original Live - but the musk, vanilla and amber combination is more distinctive here as the marzipan combines with the notes and gives them a bit more strength. The base gives the last few hours of LIVE PLATINUM a warm feel, which is perfect for this time of year. Coty is behind the Jennifer Lopez perfume releases, so I'm going to repeat the same old line; this perfume has a six hour average on me. It's still not amazingly great overall - but it is very good for the price.

Scent notes: Marzipan, plum, ruby grapefruit, Christmas rose, heliotrope, orange blossom, vanilla, musk, white cedar wood and amber.

I prefer wearing this in colder weather, as the clashing scent notes are more apparent at this time of year. But considering that LIVE PLATINUM has some strong keynotes and a sweet drydown, it hasn't become sickly or cloying in warmer weather. I do prefer to save my bottle for winter though, for the best impact.

I can comfortably wear this perfume whenever I want [during the day, casually and for work] - over these colder months anyway, as although it is a noticeable fragrance I don't find it cloying or irritating to wear, and other people like it too, so I don't feel that it is invasive to others. In spring/summer when I do wear it I tend to stick to wearing it on special occasions, as I find it to be a bit of a statement fragrance and a bit too much for day to day wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment