Tuesday 17 September 2013

NOTD: OPI Can't Let Go, with Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom pow...




 
 
Get Your Number isn't what I expected; it is meant to be the purple shade that Mariah Carey wore in the ads for this polish range, and before I applied it I swatched it onto card to make sure I'd picked up the right mini and the shade was definitely purple, but once it's on my nail it is blue. The shade looks great on my shorter nails and is a all-seasons shade, so I still like it.
 
 
What the colour should be like...
 
 
This polish takes at least two coats for the effects of the textured finish; sometimes two coats doesn't look fully opaque, but I don't mind the semi-sheer look.
 
 


I love the look and feel of the matt texture and light spattering of glitter, that is the formula of the OPI 'liquid sand' finish. It is made to be worn without a topcoat for the gritty, matt finish, but as there are glitter articles in the polish it looks good with topcoat too. I prefer the matt look of this polish, so I do fin it will chip faster then normal OPI polishes, but as it has a textured finish touch ups are easy to do and are largely seamless.
 
 
 
I found a trio of Deborah Lippmann polishes in TK Maxx the other week, so was testing the glitter shade in the trio, Boom Boom Pow, to see what the formula is like and layered it over Can't Let Go. I was playing around so the results aren't neat, but I love the combination of the two polishes, so I took a few snaps...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment