Friday, 8 April 2016

Hey Baby; the Gwen Stefani Blush Palette by Urban Decay is here...

Gwen let UD in on her best tricks (she’s big on defining and highlighting), and together they created her perfect blush palette. Get her glowing, contoured looking skin with six shades of blush, bronzer and highlighter that are versatile enough for any skin tone. Urban Decay’s extremely blendable, finely milled Afterglow formula goes on sheer and provides upto eight long hours of wearable, streak-free color. Luxurious and lightweight, it has a soft, creamy texture that always applies beautifully and feels amazing.   
Everything in the limited-edition UD | Gwen Stefani collection was developed in close collaboration with Gwen. Urban Decay’s product development team spent countless hours at Gwen’s house, talking makeup and working with her on every detail of the collection. Gwen even directed the packaging design, which was inspired by her love of black-and-white graphic prints and antique gold accents. Urban Decay created everything with Gwen, filling a void by developing all of the perfect shades she always wished she had in her collection.   


The products in this palette are lighter shades, so you need to have fair skin, to get the most out of the shades. I have fair skin so I'm loving the four blushes, one bronzer, and one highlight-type shade on offer in this palette; Cherry (light pink satin), Easy (deep rose w/gold shimmer), Angel (champagne-nude shimmer), Lo-Fi (soft bronze matte), Hush (medium pink w/gold shimmer) and OC (soft pink w/peach shift).



I think that the blushes all apply and wear well - I'll apply my makeup in the morning and the powder almost seems to melt into my skin, resulting in a natural looking finish. Then it will last until I take it off at the end of the day. As the powder blends so well that it does seem to melt into my skin, the shades are all light; great because there are no harsh marks or lines after application, not-so-good because if you don't have fairer skin then none of the shades will show up on you.


That's the only complaint I have, which is the same complaint I had for the Christmas 2015 Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette* [still available in stores and most online retailers]; the shade selections of the products are too reliant on the wearer having a skintone similar to that of Gwen, so f
or people with medium to darker skintones I'd recommend looking elsewhere - the powers that be didn't think this product release through.



Whilst I do appreciate that the focus on the products are that they are meant to be shades that Gwen picked as she'll wear them for herself, I think it is unfair of such a cult-favourite brand cutting of a lot of loyal customers - some are going to have rushed out and bought the palette as soon as it was released, and I'm sure there will be many of them who were left disappointed


Below are photos of the two blush combinations I gravitate towards the most...



Cherry, with Angel highlight**

OC, with Hush used as highlight**


The Gwen Stefani Blush Palette costs £35, and can be bought from the Urban Decay UK website.

Selfridges and larger Debenhams stores also sell Urban Decay cosmetics, if you're not sure if the shades will work for you, so you want to swatch them before committing to buy the palette.



 * My complete review, swatch photos and demo look photos of the eyeshadow palette were lost when my old laptop died [that'll teach me for not backing everything up], and by the time I got my new laptop there were already 1000s of reviews online, so I decided to be lazy and not to bother redoing my review for the blog. 
My short review for it can be found on MakeUpAlly


** The eyeshadows I'm wearing are from the Harvest Moon palette by City Color, which I'll be reviewing this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment