Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Trying out the Beauty Insider birthday gift from Sephora.com...

AAs you all probably know, the Sephora website now ships products (no fragrances or nail polishes, as well as other random restrictions) to the UK. I don't like ordering cosmetics online, but I love Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes and QVC UK's selection doesn't do it for me, so I bit the bullet and went for it...


The reason for this post is because when you sign up to Sephora you become a 'Beauty Insider.' (They have two higher customer settings depending on how much you spend in a year), and then when you place an order on Sephora in your birthday month you are given the option to tick on a free gift during the check out process, and I happened to place my order last month...

I had the choice between the mini duo set I'm about to show you, or a Jack Black cleanser. I have had a sample of the cleanser in the past and liked it, but how could I ignore the chance to try out a fancy mascara?

"Plus, you can have another sneak peek at what I can do..."



Smoky Extravagant mascara
[shade black]
A precision mascara that adds volume, length, and curl.
This clump-free mascara delivers long-lasting wear in one stroke. Using 4D technology, an exclusive microdefining wax complex envelopes the lash surface in ultrablack pigments for far-away impact and up-close precision. The dual-purpose, cone-shaped brush has a precision tip that separates lashes as the rounded base creates extravagant volume from any distance.

The formula is great; it has nice separation, added length and an amazing volume increase. I've not experienced flaking or smudging, plus it holds my curl all day and is easy to remove. 
But whilst I don't have anything negative to say about the formula (which is the same as their regular Smoky mascara) I found that the shape of the brush is important to create the shape and definition to my lashes. This means that one eye on me always looks nicely fanned out, but I don't like flipping my wrist to do the other eye as I don't like the feeling of a lack of control, so my other eye rarely has the same level of definition. 
So this is a great mascara, but I prefer their original Smoky mascara.

From the I Chocolate palette (review coming soon): I applied More! into my Crease and outer corner of my lid, and then applied Chocolate Love to the rest of my lid. I then used a damp liner brush to line my lashes with Love Divine. I finished my upper eye look with my new favourite highlight shade You Need More.
[Again with a damp liner brush] I lined my lower lashes with Chocolate Love, then went over the outer third with Love Divine.

Rouge Artist Natural
[in the shade N9]
An ultra-creamy lipstick with a translucent soft, shiny finish.
Enriched with nourishing properties, Rouge Artist Natural keeps lips hydrated for eight hours after application. Its incredibly smooth texture glides on effortlessly for ultimate comfort while also leaving the lips supple and moisturized. Formulated with mother-of-pearl and colorful pigments, Rouge Artist Natural's translucent shine adds a natural sheen to the lips. 



I really enjoy this more then I thought I would; given that the description uses the word 'copper' I was expecting a metallic shade that would make me look as though I'd been sucking doorknobs, but this shade is actually a satiny warm pink-based nude. It isn't far of from my natural lip colour.



The rest of my face:

Revlon Nearly Naked pressed powder in Fair
Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Blusher creme blush stick in Onamatopeacha

No comments:

Post a Comment