Tuesday, 1 April 2014

More like lust at first blush: Love At First Blush powder blush by Soap & Glory...



I hesitate to refer to Soap & Glory's Love At First Blush as a straightforward blush; it consists of strips of a pearly off-white highlight, two soft bronze shades, a rose gold, and a baby pink shade of shimmery powder in one pan. You sweep your brush over all four shades at once for a three-in-one soft bronze/blush/highlight. 





The resulting pinkish bronze shade gives a luminous glow - which is perfect for my very fair skin, as most bronzers just turn out orange on me. I'd say that this can be worn all year round, but I'll mainly use it in spring and summer as it is very shimmery and glowy. The pigmentation is great; it lasts all day on me, but be aware that all four shades are light and they are all shimmery. 




Overall I think Love At First Blush is similar to Too Faced Pink Leopard, but even though I still think Pink Leopard is better overall as the shimmer isn't as obvious so I feel comfortable wearing it all year round, I will still definitely maybe re-buy this version if/when I need to for a spring/summer glow as it is cheaper and you get more product for your money.




One last thing; I do have very fair and cool-toned skin, so the soft colours show up easily on me, but I don't think this product will show up on medium or dark skintones, as the shades are all light. At the moment Soap & Glory only make this compact in the one shade selection, but as it has proven popular hopefully they'll soon bring out more colours.  



£11.00
Soap & Glory cosmetics are sold at boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment