Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Winter flushes: Deep Throat powder blush by NARS...

As I have fair skin I'm fond of trying different blushes to brighten my complexion, and now that it is winter that fondness has become an important step whenever I wear makeup.
 
I thought I'd show how one of my favourite blushes - Deep Throat by NARS - looks on fairer skintones in varying lights and angles.
 
 
 
 
Deep Throat is a cheerful peach - with a touch of pink - shade of blush, with a satin finish. I first thought that a peach blush would be a spring/summer only shade, but this one looks good on my n10/15 skin all year round; this gives a sheer shade of peach to the skin, that is very natural-looking on me. Even in close-up photos it looks like my skin is natural glowing without makeup.

Deep Throat brightens up my fair skin, but never looks orange or yellow. It is a pricy product [£21.50], but it goes well with all of my preferred makeup looks, so is worth the price.




Deep Throat contains delicate glitter particles. Luckily it's subtle so the blush just seems to give the skin a bit of an extra glow, rather than a full-on Twilight-style sparkle.I haven't had any of the fall-out issues like I did with NARS other glittery cheek product - the Hungry Heart duo, and as I apply the blush lightly the glitter is hard to notice.




As you'd expect from a NARS blush, this wears well - I'll apply it in the morning and it will last until I take it off at the end of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment