Sunday, 1 September 2013

Speedy review - Boss Jour Pour Femme edp by Hugo Boss...






I love the energy of JPF's zesty citrus and leafy opening - it makes the fragrance fresh and sharp for the first ten minutes. A real 'get up and go' energising fragrance.

The floral notes combine with the remaining citrus notes perfectly for a clean and soapy undertone to JPF. I love honeysuckle and freesia, so I was thrilled that they are the strongest floral notes on me. I would declare my love for JPF if it weren't for the jasmine; it is very strong on me, so overpowers the other floral notes, so I can't confidently state what other florals may be present.

After a few hours JPF transforms from a citrussy floral to a warmer, more masculine blend, as the sweet amber mixes completely with the bolder wood notes and what seems to be neroli, for a starting contrast to the freshness of the beginning.


Official scent notes; lime, grapefruit blossom, freesia, lily of the valley, honeysuckle, white birch and creamy amber.






JPF is 'nice' and I will happily continue to use my bottle, but this isn't a fragrance I'd choose to buy for myself; whilst it is easy to wear and inoffensive to other people, it is also a bit too generic for my tastes. However the real dealbreaker for me is the jasmine - I'm not keen on it at the best of times, and the accord used here is way too strong for me.

The sillage and longevity of the perfume are both good.

No comments:

Post a Comment