Saturday, 4 May 2013

The hippy, hippy shake; powder blush in Hippy Shake [001] by Dainty Doll...




Dainty Doll HIPPY SHAKE is a matt, pale lilac shade in the pan and when swatched, but the powder melts into skin and gives a pale pink glow after application to skin - it's best worn high on the cheek bone as it is almost pale enough to class as a highlighter.

 Many Dainty Doll products can be worn on medium skintones, but HIPPY SHAKE is a very light shade, so would ashy anyone but fair, cool/neutral toned ladies.





I'm impressed with the pigmentation; a little goes a long way. You don't get a lot of product, but it'll still last a while since you just need a light dusting of powder. The powder isn't very tightly packed, so it can be a bit messy. Not a deal-breaker for me, but if you're using this for the first time bear it in mind.

I've found that this lasts all day with no touch-ups, and it doesn't enhance my dry skin. I'll be sure to pick up more colours in the range, as I'm so happy with the performance of this.


Sorry about the crappy photo quality - I'm
struggling with my new camera...




I think Dainty Doll is either going out of business or is going to relaunch it's range - all of the sites that stock it are selling everything at really low prices, so if you have fair skin I'd definitely recommend giving it a go.

I bought mine on Amazon UK for £1.25 [plus £1.50 p&p] - bargain...

No comments:

Post a Comment