Sunday, 22 July 2012

Its all bright, with Collection 2000...

I'm trying to work my way out of my 'neutral rulez' makeup rut, so have slowly been introducing bright colours into my makeup bag, in the forms of blush and lipstick, to break up my safe-but-boring routine.

I've already shown you one o my favourite blushes, so I've decided to showcase two of my daring [for me] lipstick shades...




PINK SHOCK is a creamy shade of hot pink - and by hot pink I mean fluorescent. I think that this shade is very similar to MAC's much sought after LE shade Candy Yum Yum.



The pink is my favourite and I've worn it quite a few times in public. My newer find is seen below, but I'm waiting for sunnier weather to wear it out and about...


MANGO TANGO is a tangerine shade, which has a twist of red in it. Keeping with my MAC comparisons, I'd say that the shade is along the same line as Morange, with a touch of Vegas Volt thrown in.




The finish to both of the lipsticks is creamy and easy to distribute evenly - I find it similar to MAC Amplified finishes. The formula hasn't had a drying effect on my lips. The lasting power is average for a lipstick; four to five hours, depending on food or drink. No less and no worse then other brands.

The only downside I've found is the lack of sunshine to wear these summery shades. But I am going to Florida in November, so I will get to wear them eventually...
I've had no problems with the packaging - it is secure and doesn't look 'cheap'.

The Collection 2000 Lasting Finish lipsticks come in 11 shades and I'm so impressed with the quality of these two, that I will be getting more in the future.

The look and feel of MAC, for only £3.99 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment